Free Minds harnesses the power of the humanities to help motivated adults overcome social and economic limitations and connect with institutions of higher education.
Based on the national model of the Clemente Course in the Humanities, Free Minds is founded on the belief that engaging with the humanities can provide adults with a unique opportunity to cultivate the power, value, and pleasure of reflection, and that this experience has the ability to change lives.
Free Minds Offers
- An engaging humanities course taught by top professors
- Support services designed to help students succeed
- Evening classes in an accessible, central Austin location
- Intergenerational learning, with a Camp Fire USA program for their children
- An opportunity to bring their voices and experience to the table
- Skills and resources to prepare them for their next steps, in college and in their lives
By making intellectual community available to all, regardless of income or educational background, Free Minds provides Central Texas adults with the tools and confidence to build better lives for themselves and their families.
For more about Free Minds: